Sunday, November 11, 2007

Boy it was HOT today!!!

I'm sure it was only a post or two ago that I was complaining about the terrible weather we were having- remember, windy, rainy, stay inside and drink wine weather....well, it was HOT here today...and I loved it!!! I have had a fabulous day actually!

Let me go back a bit first. Sarah was named Year 4 Champion Girl. Unfortunately I was at work and didn't get to see her presented with her medal. Actually I haven't taken a photo of her with it yet..bad mumma. I will put that on my 'to-do-list'. Last week she went off to the interschool carnival, again unfortunately both days the carnival were on, I was at work-grr. Adam went to cheer her on and to take photos and video!! Good dadda! Sarah was in 3 events on the first day and 4 on the second. She came 5th in several of the running events however their highest achievement was coming second in the leader ball. The girls were stoked and Sarah had a great time.

Fast forward to Friday- I don't know if I have mentioned this or not- Emma is now playing basketball. I was a bit worried to begin with as Emma is not as 'sports mad' as Sarah and I was worried she may not get in there and have a go- IYKWIM. Emma and her friend Taylah (Kim's DD) are the only girls in the team and all the boys have played before- see my worry! Well Friday was her fourth game and she got her FIRST GOAL!!! Yay, I was doing the happy dance for her!!!

OK- back to this weekend. Yesterday Emma went off to a party so Sarah and I shot up to my favourite scrapping shop 'Scrapbooks from the Heart' and I had a BIG spend up!! I had my customer card full so I received $100 worth of free product so.... as I said, I had A BIG SPEND UP!!!!

I also bought my Secret Santa presents. I'm in two SS this year. One over at Scrapboxx and the other at Shop & Crop. That brings me to today- I have finished my SS presents- woo hoo. In both SS a hand made gift needs to be included so that's one of the things I did today!! I can't show you them just incase the SS recipients come and visit here!

However I can show you my November Scrapjack.
We got to scrapjack Celeste Vermeend this month and yeee haaaaa... I had fun with this one! Thanks Celeste- I loved scrapjacking you!!!!
How cool is this t-shirt??? Creative Imaginations make them and I've got one on order!!! Yeah ha!!! I thought it would be perfect for the Scrapboxx retreat next year however I can see it wore many, many time before then- I just LOVE it!!!

Back to my fabulous day. DH made a yummo breakfast this morning- eggs, toast, mushrooms, tomatoes, ham steaks and coffee. Delish- we ate out on the patio because the weather was so beautiful this morning.
Then as it got hotter I retreated inside to scrap- finished my scrapjack and my SS presents. You see- a fabo day!!!

Anyway.. I'm better shoot off. I have to pick up Sarah- she (yet again) managed to wangle a sleep over at Grace's last night and has been there all day- swimming no doubt!!!

Have a GREAT week, stay safe!

Love Janine xxx

2 comments:

Tracey Bower said...

Hi Janine,
It was a hotty wasn't it, we had a perfect day at the beach, hence no scrapping but lucky you on your big spending spree at SFTH, love your scraplift LO too, thanks for sharing.
Take care
Trace.

Celeste Vermeend said...

Great scraplift Janine! I am honoured to have you jack me!!