Tuesday, October 16, 2007

An update...

Howdy all! :)


Sad, sad, sad- the school holidays are over.... but looking on the bright side- there are only nine more weeks until the next holidays! :0)
Update on Mark- He is getting better by the day!! He may even be released from hospital today however he will have to stay in Perth for a week or so for medical treatment but it is all looking good!!! :)
OK- what have I been doing?? I swear as I get older, the days, weeks, months, YEARS zoom past quicker!!
Let me recap-
Thursday- hmmm, I can't even remember what I did last Thursday. We would have gone to swimming lessons and also taken Aunty Lorraine to physio but other than that- I can't remember!!
Friday- Last day of swimming and then after swimming we picked up Sarah's friend Grace for the afternoon as her Mum and Dad were at work. The girls played, cooked biscuits and generally kept out of my way as I did the LAST coat of paint on Sarah's walls. Grace ended up staying for dinner and then when Grace's Dad came to pick her up, the girls managed to talk us into a sleep over- at Grace's!
Saturday- Adam had to go to work early and as it was just Emma and I home, we rode our bikes to Macca's for breakfast- yum, I love Macca's bacon & egg burgers!! After that Emma and did a bit of work around the house- cleaning up, washing etc and we put some of Sarah's room back together.
Saturday afternoon- Sarah, Grace and their other friend Kaitlyn went off to the movies so I decided to do some birthday shopping for Sarah. Boy did I turn into one cranky mumma! I had seen in the Target catalogue something that I wanted to get Sarah for her birthday-- ggggrrrr despite it being advertised in the current catalogue for sale- NO Target store, south of Perth have them in stock- ggggrrrr this REALLY bugs me, why on earth advertise something when it is not available!!! Yes I can rain check it but it could be up to 10 weeks before it comes in- gggrrrrr!
I had to console myself with a bit of retail therapy for Sarah, Emma AND myself- he he he!!
Sunday- Another trip to Bunnings for us all!! I {heart} Bunnings! We bought lots of plants and when we got home- Adam and Emma spent ages in the garden while Sarah and I put her room completely back together. WOW- it looks so much better! The only thing that is missing are the blinds. The windows are not standard size so I had to shop around to get blinds wide enough. I found them, eventually and am off soon to pick them up!!
Monday- It was back to work for me and off to Grace's house for Sarah & Emma. I think the girls spent the entire day in the pool - it was a beautiful day here! Sarah had dancing in the afternoon and in the evening, I had my first game of netball for the summer season. We lost by one goal :( however we were a player short so we were still very pleased with out efforts.
Tuesday- today and another glorious day!!!! The kidlets started back at school today so I was up nice and early making yummy lunches for them. Both girls were super excited to be going back to school and were ready and waiting to go and 20 to 8!!!

I'm off in a minute to pick up Sarah's wooden blinds.... but before I go.... here is some scrapping to share!!!


My beautiful girl- yes I'm still scrapping Holy Communion photos- I have a squillion of them!!
I had fun stitching this one. I have included a close up of the little birdie as I have stitched his tail and legs. I also stitched french knots in the centres of the flowers and parts of the flowers and the bird are raised- paper tole style.



I love this photo of Em!!! Gorgeous little possum she is!
I'm off to get the blinds...stay safe,
Love Janine xxx




3 comments:

Mardi said...

Glad to hear your Brother has made such an improvement Janine...and I just love seeing all your layouts... beautiful!

Maursie said...

Great to hear Mark is doing so well Janine.
Love the layouts - thanks for sharing.
Cheers
Maursie xo

Tracey Bower said...

Hey Janine,
So great Mark is doing so well and sounds like your holidays were as hectic as ours, must say it is good to be getting back into the routine of school. Love all your layouts those girls are stunning.
Take care and hope work is kind to you.
Trace.