Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Sports Day, a scrapjack, a cybercrop & a COVER!!!

Friday was Sports day. Emma was in the junior carnival in the morning and Sarah, the senior one in the afternoon. Have a close look at the sky in the background on this photo of Emma- hmmmm, dark & cloudy- and although you can't see it- windy and freezing!!!! The junior carnival made it until about 10.30 before it was called off due to a HUGE down pour. I didn't get many photos of Emma- here she is (too fast for me) in the egg & spoon race- LOL!!!
A few of us Mums went out to lunch (yummo) thinking that the senior carnival would be cancelled too- it wasn't so we spent an afternoon standing out in the wind and light rain trying not to be blown away!! I'm glad I did however as Sarah blitzed the afternoon!!! She came first in the shot put, 200m, 400m, long jump and came second in the 100m. She was also in several team events. Woo hoo- although they haven't announced it yet (announced at Friday's assembly) she should be Year 4 Champion Girl!! One proud Mumma here! :)

She is now very excited to be representing her school in the interschool carnival next Monday & Wednesday!!!

Moving on- here is my entry for this month's Megan Stephenson scrapjack- 'Too Cute to Spook'. How cute is Emma!!! Look Kim- I used the spider stickers you surprised me with- Thanks!!



Craft Attic held their monthly CC during the weekend and I managed to actually complete some of the challenges. Usually I spend all my time chatting online and scrap very little!!! Woo hoo- I won Friday night bingo too!!! Thanks Megan- great calling!

This LO 'Ten' was based on a sketch.



For this challenge, we had to use old stuff from our stash. The Rusty Pickle paper that I have used here has been in my stash forever!!!The MM foam stamps I've had for ages too! The flourish is not old- that's new- yummy isn't it!!!
AND FINALLY!! WOOOOO HOOOOO
My first cover!!!! Yes, this cutie pie on the front cover of this month's For Keeps is Emma!!!The LO is one I did back in March or April for a Craft Attic CC challenge.
I had no idea until the gorgeous Nic left a message here on my blog congratulating me!!! Yes- I am one happy cookie!!!
Anyway, stay happy and stay safe.
Love Janine xxx

8 comments:

Petrina McDonald said...

Congrats on the cover Janine - WOW! Fantastic work!! (I have those rub-ons too and I just love them so much I've saved the last few and can't use them....how silly is that??!!!)

Julie said...

Congrats on the cover Janine. It looks fab. Love the pages here too.

Tracey Bower said...

Hi Janine,
Wow you girls are kicking butt in your household ATM, sports and scrapping well done, great news for you all. CONGRATULATIONS.
Take care
Trace.

Megan said...

Janine all your layouts look awesome, and a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on the cover!!! It looks amazing. I would love to know what those flower rub ons are please - they are such great colours.

Megan xx

Maursie said...

WOOHOOO - you go girl!!!! Great layouts and an awesome cover - its really striking. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers
Maursie xoxo

Anonymous said...

Well done to Sarah for her achievements at the sports carnival, that's great.

Congrats to you too Janine for getting your layout on the cover of For Keeps. When I saw it in the newsagents I was thrilled as I knew it was yours straight away. It looks brilliant as do all your creations.

I can't believe the magazine didn't inform you it would be showing on the cover. How unprofessional!

Emma must be very excited:)

Hoping your brother is still making improvements and feeling stronger week by week.

Take care and have a fun and safe week end. Love from Susan (smiles1965) from Scrapboxx

Melissa Goodsell said...

The cover looks so awesome and fun Janine, well done. Love the other layouts too,
Melx

Kylie said...

A Huge Congratulations on the cover Janine...It look absolutely beautiful......What a lovely suprise for you all.....well done