Sunday, December 31, 2006

Hello from Surfers Paradise!!

WOW, WOW, WOW what a FANTASTIC time we are having so far!! We have been to Australia Zoo- what a great family place! We arrived just as it was about to open and stayed until closing time! Everything was so family orientated. The staff were excellent- all so willing to chat and let the kids interact with the animals. Do you remember Fatso (from A Country Practise) - we met her daughter. There were actually nine wombats that played Fatso over the years. The croc show was great. Wes did the show that we saw and he was fantastic! EVERYTHING about Australia Zoo was about Steve and for me, I felt a tinge of sadness knowing that Steve isn't with us any more.

We have been to Sea World as well. The dolphin show was something else- sensational! I took heaps of photos. We took the girls on some of the rides- but some we didn't let them go on- but Adam and I went on! Woooo hoooo, the 'Corkscrew'- what a buzz. My head is still spinning! LOL!!! All the animals were gorgeous but I think I loved the polar bears the best! Lots more photos!

Today we are having a recharging day. Sarah is not feeling 100% so we are just staying around Surfers Paradise! We have been to these great markets and are now looking at going on an 'Aquaduck'. I think the Wax Museum is on our list today too!

Tonight, there are fireworks on the beach, which we will be able to see from our apartments but we may walk down to the beach as the atmosphere is just so 'alive'. The beach cinema is on too.

Anyway- have a fantastic night tonight, what ever you are doing and I will see you in 2007!!!

Janine xxx

No comments: